Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Friday, May 21, 2010

Hi, Blog. It's me again, Laura.

It's been awhile, but here I am. My camera broke which served as a distraction to this blog which seemed to be going so well.

I've also been struggling with things to write about, caught up in a move, and just adjusting to a new life, new friends, and a new job.

My new job is with the Healthy Schools Campaign, and through my work I've realized that I've become a foodie. Eating good food is one of the great pleasures in life. So, therefore, I've decided to continue my blog with what I love and care about most: food.

My boyfriend, Daniele, is from a small town near Bologna, Italy. Obviously, Italians have a very strong culinary culture. We spend approximately 1-2 hours each night cooking anything from homemade gnocchi, stuffed peppers, spicy tuna pasta sauce, mussels, Spanish tortilla to pork chops.

I love everything about the cooking, from the cutting, to the grilling/baking/roasting/sauteing/frying, and especially ESPECIALLY the eating. So, expect in the next coming months some entries about some of the items I most enjoy. Be looking for a title/layout update, as well as new recipes and photos of what we cook.

Daniele and I ate out tonight, which is rare form for us. We had a gift card and had some Mediterranean food. To get started with some photos, here is a picture of the appetizer we had: falaffel, hummus, tabouleh, and dolma. 




I guess I'm joining the foodie blog bandwagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment