Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Apples x 3=Apple Chutney and Pork Roast

And for the third lovely apple combo we have apple chutney paired with a lovely pork roast. This was a perfect combo and I am proud of the way it turned out. I had never made a chutney before, and I even invented the recipe myself. We have a bit extra that we plan to use alongside another helping of meat (possibly chicken?) at some point this week.

Apple Chutney
3 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 tbs lemon juice
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons curry powder
olive oil

In a large pan, heat up a small amount of olive oil. Add the apples, and all of the other ingredients, one by one, stirring thoroughly. When all ingredients are added, cover and cook for 60-80 minutes on a low temperature, stirring every 10-15 minutes. Either serve immediately or let cool, jar, and refrigerate for future use.

Pork Roast
1 pork roast
2 cups chicken broth
fresh rosemary to taste (use liberally)
black pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on a low temperature for about 8 hours.

Serve the pork roast and apple chutney together for the perfect combination! We also had mashed potatoes and zucchini as a side dish that you might see pictured here, but that's a recipe for another day....

I have featured our foster kitten, Ilaria, in the photo with the chutney below, mostly because I know that chutney doesn't take the most interesting photos so I thought the cat could change things up a bit.

4 comments:

  1. this recipe looks awesome! I'm always looking for new crockpot recipes. Cute kitten also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Kisses to kitty, too! Quite the little helper I see! >^..^<

    ReplyDelete