Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Chicken-Spinach Wrap


Daniele and I went home in late-October for a friend's wedding and my mom made us this tasty dish! We enjoyed it so much that we decided to give it a try on our own. I admit that it wasn't as great as when my mom made it herself, but was still great. Here is the recipe from my mom.

Chicken Spinach Wrap

16 ounces ground chicken
1 medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon Culinaria house all purpose rub
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach
½ Cup cheese (I used Mexican blend)
4 burrito size tortillas

In nonstick skillet, cook chicken, onion, rub and oregano over medium-high heat until chicken loses its pink color and onions are tender (about 12-14 minutes).  Break up meat with side of spoon.  Stir in spinach, cover and cook 1-2 minutes until spinach wilts.  Remove skillet from heat, stir in cheese.  Makes about 4 cups.

Warm tortillas in microwave (maybe 25 seconds).  In center of tortilla put about 1 cup chicken mixture and then roll to enclose like a burrito.

Daniele and I enjoyed these burritos as the recipe is written here, and my mom served with salsa and sour cream. 






No comments:

Post a Comment