Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Curried Chicken Breasts

D and I are getting back into using the crockpot again. I've wanted to expand my culinary expertise outside of Italian foods for awhile, so I decided to make this curried chicken breast recipe last week.

Curried Chicken Breasts
2 onions, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tabelspoons minced fresh ginger
4 tablespoons curry powder
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tabelspoon tomato paste
1 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons Minute rice
3 large chicken breasts
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup plain full-fat greek yogurt
1/2 cup almonds

Microward onions, garlic, ginger, curry powder, oil, and tomato paste for five minutes ad put in slow cooker.

Stir broth and rice into the slow cooker. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to slow cooker as well. Cook for 6 hours on low.

Stir in raisins and let sit for about 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate and cover to keep warm. Combine 1/4 cup braising liquid with yogurt, and then stir the entire mixture back into the slow cooker.

Serve chicken and sauce over rice, with almonds sprinkled over the top.

Even though Daniele despises yogurt, he still enjoyed this recipe. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment