Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Friday, August 28, 2009

I already know there will be no photo today. I'm meeting with Congressman Gerry Connolly at 5:30 and then going straight to Francisco's birthday dinner, so although I will have plenty of things to take photos of, I probably won't be home until after midnight and won't bother with the photo until tomorrow.

I know the photos I've been posting haven't been that artistic or even interesting...but sometimes its the most ordinary things that make an impact on us. I think it will be interesting 365 days from now to look back and see what I took photos of.

Lately I've been feeling stressed and anxious. I think its a sign of the times---the economy has everyone on edge. Plus, with the whole Health Care Reform bill going around I feel thats all I can think about. But when I think about it, I'm actually very lucky and I think I really need to focus on the positive things in my life instead of the stressers that I've been emphasizing for the last month.

I have a wonderful boyfriend. And also wonderful friends who are extremely patient with me. Some of them I will be spending the evening with tomorrow night at a "girls night out" in my neighborhood. Should be spectacular. I have enough money to survive and I even enough to realistically daydream about taking another vacation. Tomorrow I'm looking forward to a nice, long run and an evening with the girls.

Photo tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment