Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Monday, August 24, 2009

Its with deep shame that I admit that on the 3rd day of my 365 day photo diary I forgot to bring my camera with me. I tried to take a photo with my phone, but with no way to transfer the photo from my phone to the computer, I will have to describe what I saw.

Tonight I went to a Health Care Forum discussion. The purpose of the discussion was to listen to everyone's ideas and do research across the country on whether or not the country is ready for health care reform. This research has been going on across the country for the past year. Let me describe what I saw:

-People of every color, background, and race
-Physicians, nurses, everyday citizens, the unemployed
-Immigrants from other countries
-A room filled with people determined to get their point across and passionate about changing health care in one way or another

People listened. People spoke up. Differences were raised. But in the end, as a group consensus, we agreed that health care is a human right and everyone should have access regardless of race, income, health status, or even immigration status. Health care is a right for all people.

No comments:

Post a Comment