Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

This is bound to be one of the most boring blogs that ever existed. I seem to start a new one every couple of years, but never follow through with updates. But lets be honest-sometimes it feels good to write about whats going on, what you're going through, in order to get things out in the open and off your chest. It feels good, even if nobody reads what you're writing. Plus, now that I'm finished with college and graduate school--I don't write as much as I did previously. I miss academic writing. Writing about what I care about. Research. These days, my writing consists of emails, legislation (I'm a lobbyist/community organizer), political platforms, action alerts, and newsletter articles. Boooooring.

So, first, my job. I'm a community organizer in the health care field. I organize state level advocacy days in three states and coordinate advocacy efforts that promote our political platform in those three areas. It's basically my dream job, my goal was to advocate on behalf of people with disabilities in order to improve their quality of life. And, I'm in the middle of something huge right now. I mean, just pick up the newspapers-we all know how big the Health Care Reform bill is right now, and how controversial. (Personally I don't see how you can ignore the flaws with our health care system and deny health care coverage to those who need it, but that's an aside).

This is my dream job. My dream job. I keep saying that over and over, but its really amazing how sometimes the things we dream don't end up exactly how we imagine them to. Don't get me wrong, I love it. But sometimes I feel as if there are other things I'd rather be doing and I would be equally happy. So, does it matter what you do with your life? Would I be equally happy doing something else? Maybe I just just take a jump off the deep end and do something different.

I'm tired and do not feel too much like writing right now, but this week I'll post something exciting, that doesn't have to do with my job. Even though my job is pretty much what controls my thoughts. Hey, I guess thats what happens when you really care about something.

No comments:

Post a Comment