Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Yoga

Last night, I went to a Community Yoga Class. Once a week a nearby Yoga Studio hosts a free course. It's fantastic, especially for those of us who are on a limited income.

A little over halfway through the course, the power went out, so we practiced yoga in the dark and silence. I have to admit that it was pretty strange to be in a room filled with 30 people with no electricity, exercising in complete silence.

We were near the end of our practice anyway, so the teacher turned a portion of the course into more of a medititation. She told a few stories of her class (she works at a school during the day) and listed a few Dalai Lama quotes. One quote she read off I really liked. I couldn't seem to find it as I searched today---but it was something about ourselves being our biggest setback, not other people.

I did however, in my search find another Dalai Lama quote that I enjoy. I've been working a lot lately, and I've been losing a lot of my patience and compassion. So, I do feel like this quote is a good one to live by.

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment