Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Zucchini Roquefort Soup

Okay, I guess I got on a soup kick last week. I was craving this wonderful soup that my Spanish host mom, Lola used to make. I looked up a few Roquefort soup recipes. This one was not nearly as good as hers (I guess I'll have to get the recipe), but it still passed in our books. Thick, filling, creamy, and full of flavor.

Zucchini Roquefort Soup
3 small zucchinis-grated or chopped into very small pieces
1 small onion
5 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup flour
1 cup Roquefort (or I substituted for Gorgonzola for a cheaper option) cheese
olive oil
salt
pepper

Begin by cooking the zucchini and onion in a large bowl with olive oil for about 20 minutes. When the zucchini is soft, add flour and let the mixture thicken. When mixed together, add milk. Let the milk heat up and begin to boil---bring the milk back down to a simmer and then add the Roquefort cheese. I substituted for Gorgonzola, which has a similar flavor, but I do think that this soup would have tasted better with the actual Roquefort cheese. Cook the soup until it has thickened and all the cheese has melted. Season with salt and pepper. The entire process should take approximately 40 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment