Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tahini Baked Chicken

We had some extra tahini from our hummus, so I decided to browse some recipes online to discover how to use my spare tahini. I found a recipe for Spicy Baked Tahini Chicken that looked pretty decent so I decided to give it a shot.

My review is that this recipe was very good, but I would make some adjustments because the flavor was not quite my taste. If I were to make again, I would not add the red pepper or thyme and instead double or triple the lemon. I think this would make a simple and flavorful dish. If you have extra tahini at home, try your own variation.

Spicy Tahini Baked Chicken
4-6 chicken breasts or thighs
1/2 cup tahini
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 cloves garlic
1 lemons zest
juice of one lemon
3 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon salt

Place all sauce ingredients in a casserole dish except lemon juice, water, and salt. Mix together. Add lemon juice to thicken sauce.Whisk in water to form a paste, and then add salt to your taste. Add chicken and coat with sauce. Refrigerate overnight; cook at 400 degrees for one hour. Serve over rice.




2 comments:

  1. Finally got around to making this. It's very sweet! Next time I make it I will halve or third the sugar I think. But it was yummy. I don't think I've ever had tahini outside of hummus before; it tasted kind of like peanut butter.

    It did, however, rather scar the pan that I baked it in. Haven't done dishes yet; hope it comes off easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See as I said, not my favorite!

    For the pan, just soak it overnight and should be fine. We did not have that problem so very strange.

    Most importantly though, did you take a photo of your creation for my reader contest?!

    ReplyDelete