Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tex-Mex Stuffed Bell Peppers

Yes, stuffed peppers in a crockpot! These are seriously the best stuffed peppers I have ever had. They were perfect, and easy to make.

Tex-Mex Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 onion minced
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tabelspoons chili powder
1 tbs vegetable oil
4-6 bell peppers with flat bottoms
1 slice bread
1/4 cup milk
12 ozs ground beef
1 cup frozen corn
1 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1/4 cup cooked rice
2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chili in adobo sauce
salt and pepper

Begin by microwaving the onion, garlic, chili powder, and oil in a bowl for 5 minutes. Stir twice during that time. Cut 1/2 inch off the top of each pepper, chop the pepper tops fine and place in a bowl. Remove the seeds and core from the peppers.

Mash bread and milk into paste in a large bowl. Mix in the onion mixture, chopped peppers, ground beef, corn, cheese, rice, chipotles, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Save 1/4 cup of the cheese for later. Mix with your hands and place filling into peppers.

Pour 1/3 cu p water into slow cooker and place stuffed peppers upright in your crockpot. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cook for 4-6 hours on low.

Seriously amazing! I don't even know what else to say. This recipe made a lot of filling for me, and luckily I was able to freeze it so we can have this recipe again in the near future. From now on I will cook all my stuffed peppers in my slow cooker!







No comments:

Post a Comment