Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Corn, Buttermilk, and Chive Muffins

Last Sunday, I checked my favorite food blog, Smitten Kitchen, and instantly drooled over the most recent recipe: corn, buttermilk, and chive popovers. Ironically, I had all the ingredients in my kitchen. No grocery trip necessary! Sweet!

So I proceeded to make the above recipe (no adaptations were used). I used a muffin tin since I don't have a special tray for popovers. Unfortunately, my fluffy muffins turned out more like dense biscuits. Although the recipe claims that less cooking time is needed if using a muffin tray, in this instance (maybe it has something to do with our oven settings?), I think they needed more time.

It didn't matter that much though, the taste of these popover-muffin-biscuits or whatever you want to call them was great! I will definitely try again and aim for more fluffiness next time.




My blog will be taking a mini-break as I travel to Vermont for a friend's wedding. Daniele and I will be there for a long weekend. And, when we return, Daniele will be taking over some of the blogging for the next few weeks! Hello, Italian perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment