Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Polpettone di Tonno (Tuna Loaf)

Hi people, since Laura has been busy in the past weeks, I offered to help with the blog posts (and not just with the cooking.) So, I guess I will write the next couple of entries.

Going home to Italy in July inspired me to try my hand at some of my favorite summer dishes. Since summer in Chicago is as hot as it is in Cento, I figured some cold recipes were appropriate.

Polpettone di Tonno (Tuna Loaf)

-4 cans of tuna (the usual 5 oz ones)
-8 tbs breadcrumbs
-8 tbs grated paresan
-2 eggs
-salt
-pepper

The recipe also asks for 7-8 tbs of oil, but since the canned tuna we had was already in oil, I decided to just use some of it, so I didn't completely drain the cans when I opened them.

Also, the tuna should be chunk light, or otherwise you will need to chop it into small pieces.

Once this is done (you have the tuna in sufficiently small pieces and you have enough oil) put everything together in a bowl and mix it well. At the same time, yous hould start boiling water in a pot large enough to hold the tuna loaf (and there should be enough water to cover the loaf).

Once mixed, lay the mixture on a foil sheet and make it into a loaf shape, then wrap it completely with teh foil so that it holds the shape.

When the water boils, drop the loaf in the boiling water and cook for 20 minutes.

then, let it cool down before unwrapping the foil and serving. If you have time, keeping it in the fridge a couple of hours will make it stick together more and therefore it will be less likely to crumble when you cut it.

We served it with a side of salad, I also like to garnish it with mayo.








No comments:

Post a Comment