Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Flooded by Negativity

In a fast paced city, its easy to get upset when things aren't going our way. To explain how things have been for me for the last few weeks, I will describe the things that went wrong with my day.

I get up for a 4 hour (2 hours one way) drive in a car to meet with a state senator. Get to my zipcar and GASP it isn't there. Zipcar takes 30 minutes to find me a new vehicle which means that although I speed all the way to the meeting, I was still 15 minutes late.

I got home approx. 2pm and needed to take a few things for the Salvation Army. Also had some work to do so needed to have internet. So, I went to Salvation Army and then yogurt place to use the internet. Their internet was out, so I moved on to location two. Their internet was also out so I moved to location 3. Not to mention that I had to buy something at all three places in order to use the internet that wasn't functioning. Frustrating.

And, I feel like thats how things have gone for the past few weeks. Just, small things, but all gone wrong. So here is my new motto: think positively. My negative attitude is affecting my emotions, and also my friends who surround me. I need to focus on the good in life instead of the bad, and get over it if something doesn't go my way. Time to stop being angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment