Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I made a really great pork roast for dinner. That's right, a pork roast. I feel like when you reach the point when you are cooking pork roast for dinner-that is the point when you truly become an adult. Throughout college, students "cook" meals like mac 'n cheese, Ramen, and then later move on to a variety of pastas with simple sauces. But now--I cook pork roasts. I am an adult.

I suppose I've been an adult for awhile now. I'm closer to 30 than to 20. For the last year, I've been managing every penny of my budget-saving just enough so that I have enough money to meet my basic needs. I'm about to open a retirement account. A retirement account! That's insane!

My pork roast consisted of: the pork (of course), baby carrots, cauliflower, and a special sauce all thrown together in my crock pot. I love crock pots-but yet, another thing that only adults need and use.

Maybe this is also an adult fascination, but I find myself in love with food. It doesn't matter what type: healthy, greasy, international, american...I like it all...and I like to learn to cook it all. Next week I will make a tofu and potato yellow curry.

And no, I didn't take any photos of the pork roast. But trust me, its tasty.

2 comments: