Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Friday, September 25, 2009

I've been bad about the photos this week. Things have been crazy and I have a lot of projects in my new apartment. Our internet is finally up and that is fantastic. Next projects: figure out something to do with my bike (hang it in the main hall) and get a cable splitter to run the cable into my room.

Last night I volunteered at the Homeless Children's Playtime Project. It was my first night and something I plan on continuing to do at least every other week. I have no photo, because sometimes photos aren't appropriate. The kids are all 8 and under and living in a shelter. They're a bit wild and don't quite understand the concept of following rules, but as long as I can get through the two hours working with them without having anyone gravely injured, I figure I'm doing a pretty good job. Last night we had a freeze dance party, played with play-dough, and read The Little Mermaid. At the end of the night, the kids snuggled up against me and feel asleep in my lap while I read them stories. Again..for the safety of the kids, no photos were taken. I'll try to be better about the photos in the upcoming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment