Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday, September 21, 2009


This photo explains why I've been MIA. I moved to a new place and we don't have internet hooked up until Wednesday. So, I'm out for the evening mooching internet at Pan Lourdes Cafe. Although I'd rather have internet at home, the discovery of this cafe is wonderful. I bought a Snapple and a wonderful sweet Mexican Empanada for $2.04. Seriously?! That is so cheap.

Not having internet has been hard. On one hand, its nice to try to do other things and be outside of the house rather than sitting on the computer at work all day and coming home and again, sitting on the computer all night. However, not having internet has caused a couple stressful situations when I haven't been able to look up directions and needed them. Also, in my relationship. Being in a long distance relationship I will tell you first hand-INTERNET IS CRUCIAL. I am relieved that I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and on Wednesday we will once again be able to surf the net, but not having access has really been a strain. But, I suppose it makes me thankful for what I do have--thank you Skype, for your existence. Also, I'm glad that I've learned to have a life outside of my computer. :)

For those of you who have not seen me around, don't take it personally. Things have been crazy. Tonight is the one and only night this week that I came home straight from work, every other night I have someplace to be---and that is pretty typical lately. I'm looking forward to a lovely weekend with the boy-I have no plans as of yet and want to keep it that way. But for now, I must remain in this busy world of running from one thing to the next, trying frantically to keep up with my to do list both at work and at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment