Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'm moved. Since I have no internet in the new place and I paid for a cupcake merely to use the internet connection, I may as well make use of my time and make an update.

My new place is great...much smaller, but cozy and colorful. And, the cats (Sam and Maggie) are adorable.

I'm feeling a higher than normal amount of stress this week which is due to getting things set up after the move, selling my belongings that I no longer need, working late Tuesday, Wednesday, and also working Saturday, and trying to see friends that I haven't seen in awhile. Saturday I have plans to go Salsa dancing, I've been so insanely busy that I haven't been able to go salsa dancing in ages.

Also, I've been reflecting a lot on my year in DC. I've been here one year. Wow. I still love Chicago, but I also love DC. I've been thinking a lot about how its really taken one full year here to get my life where I wanted it. After one year, I'm finally taking Pilates classes and looking into joining the local gym. I'm volunteering on Thursday nights...these are the things that were my goals. So, what did I do in the past year? Adjust, I suppose.

Alright, I suppose I have to go now to play with the cats and get ready for a work call happening in about an hour.

3 comments:

  1. No posts in the last 5 days? Come on, you are slacking off ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i'm sure you got the cupcake ONLY for the internet.
    i didn't know you liked cats? are they nice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniele...no internet=no posts

    Cats aren't my fav. but I do like these cats. :)

    ReplyDelete