Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Friday, September 10, 2010

GELATO

Ok, so I've been a bit neglectful to my blog. It was harder than I thought to update from Italy and now I'm feeling a bit stressed and don't have the time. I just returned from Italy yesterday and Sunday will be running the 1/2 marathon with a friend who is visiting from Washington D.C. Hopefully we are able to finish.

The trip was wonderful and I had lots of good food. I'm pretty tired but until I actually have time for a real entry (about the difference between American and Italian weddings, for example) or a new recipe, I will at least hold you over with a few photos of yummy gelato.

Gelato is different than ice cream, and Italy has the best gelato in the world. I had to have my share while visiting there. Even after the many samples I had I am still not sure---gelato is so much better, but what, exactly is the difference between ice cream and gelato? Someone please explain it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment