Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Italian Weddings

While I was in Italy with D, we went to an Italian wedding. I thought it would be more similar to an American style wedding than it was, but, I guess I was wrong.

The ceremony is part of the typical church service. After that is over, the reception is held nearby for about 8 hours and consists almost entirely of one activity: eating. Obviously, food is extremely important in the Italian culture so that is what we did: eat, drink, and when it was over---dance a bit.

This is what we had.

Appetizers

Course 1: Ravioli with mushroom and a type of meat that I seem to forget (Daniele's favorite)


Course 2: Pumpkin and Balsamic Vinegar Risotto (my favorite)


Course 3: Pork Chop with Sauteed Zucchini and Eggplant Parmesian


Course 4: Veal with Fried Potatoes


Dessert: Wedding Cake and Dessert Liquors (not pictured)


D had two servings of each, except for the wedding cake and the risotto. I had one serving of each. This was lunch and it is probably needless to say that we did not eat dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment