Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuna and Tomato Spaghetti

Another simple pasta dish for those of you looking to try a new sauce. This week has been busy which has left us with little time to cook. It's orientation week for Daniele and he has been giving lectures and attending activities at the University. I've been tied up with a lot of other commitments and to top it all off---my raisin pumpernickel bread that I promised in my last entry didn't turn out, so I will need to give it another go before posting!

But this is a fairly easy recipe if you're looking for something quick and tasty.

Tuna and Tomato Spaghetti
1 can tuna
2-3 anchovies
1 small onion
tomato puree
parsley
olive oil
salt
pepper
1 garlic clove
spaghetti noodles

Slice the onion into small pieces and saute with garlic clove in olive oil for 5 minutes. Drain the tuna and add tuna and anchovies to the pan. Cook for 5 more minutes and then add 1/2 can tomato puree, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook on low for about 10 more minutes. It is also optional to add some fresh tomato to the recipe. During this 10 minutes, cook the spaghetti noodles, mix noodles and sauce together, and top with fresh parsley. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment