Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sun-dried tomato, spinach, anchovy, and pesto sauce

One of Daniele's friends told me yesterday that he had been anxiously awaiting another blog entry and that it had been awhile since I updated. I had to think twice, but remembered my last blog entry was on Tuesday, which has been longer than usual, but still has been only a few days. I guess its a good thing that I have enough loyal fans that people notice when I don't post for 3 days in a row.

So, here is an entry to calm my fans. Since Daniele returned on Wednesday, we have been cooking some fairly simple pasta sauces, but they are not on the blog yet so I will go ahead and add them. The reason for this is that we have been super busy getting the place organized, and I have been working at U of C some and also doing some babysitting work. Not only that but we will have a new addition (a kitten!) Monday morning. I do have some things in the works though: Today I plan on baking some pumpernickel raisin bread (requested by a friend) and next week I will also make some homemade apple sauce (it's that time!). I also plan on making some chili and soups and of course using plenty of pumpkin in my recipes since we have been moving towards fall weather. So, don't lose hope, there is more to come!

But today, we will stick with a modified sauce. Daniele and I still had some pesto sauce in the freezer from when we made it in June. I defrosted the sauce and added some extra ingredients. I sauteed half an onion, added 5 sliced up sun-dried tomatoes, spinach and also a few anchovies before pouring the pesto in the pan. I topped the sauce over pasta, added extra Parmesan cheese, and it was fantastic! Enjoy, and look for more updates in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Whooo! Post! And that looks delicious. I need more pesto in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we should have you over for dinner one of these nights...maybe we will have a dinner party after we get our things organized over here.

    ReplyDelete