Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Holy Guacamole!

D and I went to a low-key party at one of his friend's places last weekend. Instead of bringing beverages, I opted to bring something else...the perfect summer dish...guacamole and tortilla chips.

Guacamole
4 ripe avocados
1/2 small white onion
1 roma tomato
lemon juice
cumin
salt
pepper
1 large ziplock bag

Peel 4 avocados and take out the seeds, place in large ziplock bag and close. Crush. Slice onion and tomato into the smallest pieces that are humanly possible. Also add to the ziplock bag. Add 1/2 teaspoon (or more, to taste) of cumin, and salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste. Continue squeezing and crushing the bag to mix the ingredients together. When finished, cut off one corner of the bag and squeeze into a bowl. Refrigerate for one hour before eating, and serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment