Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summer Squash and White Bean Saute

I mentioned last week that D and I both purchased loads of zucchini from the grocery store, therefore assisting us in creating innovative ways to cook zucchini and summer squash. I found this idea from a google search and adapted it slightly for our needs.

Even though I was tired of eating zucchini by the end of last week, I liked this recipe so much that I purchased the ingredients again. Easy, tasty, healthy, and makes great leftovers. 

Summer Squash and White Bean Saute
olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 medium zucchini
bacon
1 medium summer squash
1 can white beans
1 medium onion. 
salt
pepper
oregano
1 tbs lemon juice
parmesan cheese
1 tomato

Start by slicing the zucchini and summer squash. Also cut the onion and tomatoes. Start cooking the onion and garlic cloves in a pan with some olive oil. After 5 minutes, add the zucchini and summer squash. Also add oregano, salt, and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low, and cook for 5-10 minutes. In the meantime, cook 2-3 bacon slices.

When the vegetables are crisp, add the tomatoes, beans, and lemon juice. Also cut the bacon into small pieces and add. Cook for 3-5 more minutes, remove from heat, and stir in some parmesan cheese.

Enjoy hot or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment