Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Homemade Fries

I haven't posted in about a week--don't worry its not because we haven't been cooking or because I've lost interest in my blog. Instead, this is merely because I haven't had time to post!

Earlier this month, when Daniele and I were in the Grand Canyon, we ate at a wonderful fast food joint in Flagstaff called Diablo Burger. This was seriously one of the best hamburgers I've ever eaten in my life. But, the french fries were equally excellent. I tend to be picky when it comes to fries so this compliment is huge. I do not generally like fried food----which often causes me to have a stomach ache.

I'll just add a couple of other things about Diablo Burger---which provides fresh and LOCAL products. So they provide not only tasty products, but also show a concern for the environment. Fantastic! Before I share my recipe for homemade fries (which isn't much of a recipe, actually), I'll post my photo of the fantastic hamburger which D and I shared in Flagstaff.


As we were eating the burger above, we were analyzing the spices on the fries, and tried to immitate them in our own creation of french "fries" (which actually, we baked.( This is what we came up with:

Slice 5-6 yukon potatoes into small strips. Place olive oil in a large pan. Add 1/2 potatoes, sprinkle generously with rosemary, pepper, and salt. Add the rest of the half and add spices again. Sprinkle with olive oil on top. Bake at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes, stir the fries so the ones that are on the bottom are now at the top of the pan, and bake again for another 25 minutes. Serve with Ketchup.

Our fries below are served with a Salmon Burger from Whole Foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment