Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Homemade Pizza

Two weeks ago, Daniele and I had very me friends over and made homemade pizza, using his mom's recipe. It was our first time making the crust from scratch, and it turned out excellent if I say so myself.

To make the crust you will need: 2 lbs flour, salt (1tbs), 1-2 tbs of sugar, 2 cubes of fresh yeast, 1 cup hot water (approximate), olive oil (to taste). Put the flour in a large bowl. Mix the yeast, sugar, and hot water together and let sit together before adding to the other ingredients. Now, mix all of the ingredients together gradually; if the mixture seems too sticky add flour, if the mixture seems too dry add water. Let the crust rise for 1 hour.

While the crust is rising you can prepare your toppings by cutting into small pieces. We used multiple combinations of the following: sausage, mushroom, anchovy, onion, yellow pepper, and mozzarella cheese.

After the crust rises, spread thin covering an entire baking sheet. Add tomato sauce (cans of crushed tomatoes). The crust should be completely covered in sauce. Then, add your favorite toppings, and sprinkle oregano and olive oil on top with the pizza. Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes. Watch carefully so the crust does not burn. Serve with Parmesan cheese (and also maybe a few beers), and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment