Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sandwiches around Arizona...

Daniele and I are back after our trip over July 4th in Arizona. The trip was fantastic. I'm a little bit worn out, but excited to show off some photos, tell everyone about the trip, and also get back to cooking. As I told Daniele, I am sad to be back in Chicago, but happy to be eating something for lunch other than a peanut butter or salami sandwich!

We spent most of our trip hiking, climbing, swimming, and resting. During our hikes, we brought a packed lunch and ate it wherever we were. Here are some photos of our lunch locations.

Day 1: Top of Cathedral Rock.



Day 2: A few miles deep into the Grand Canyon


Day 3: We were exhausted after our first two days hikes, and had brunch in Flagstaff.


Day 4: Montezuma's Well


Since this blog has a food theme, I'm not going to stray from that topic, but you can see some of the other photos from the trip on my facebook page. Now, back to the cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment