Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Chicken Tacos

As mentioned in my last post, two weekends ago Daniele and I went to St. Louis. Things did not go quite as expected. I had planned a very relaxing weekend full of outdoor activities. The week leading up to our trip was between 60-80 degrees so I was planning on a weekend of hot tubbing, wineries, BBQ's, and walking around Forest Park. Instead, mother nature showed her power in full force and it snowed about 6 inches.

Therefore, on Saturday night, we could not have our BBQ and hot tubbing extravaganza like we had expected. Instead we had 'mexican night' and my mom made chicken tacos (in the crockpot!) and mango salsa and we had a few margaritas with our dinner. Although things did not go as expected...this was the perfect substitution.

Unfortunately, I don't know the recipe. However, in my new slow cooker cookbook there are a couple of great looking filler recipes for mexican dishes that I imagine would be quite similar...I think I'll try it out next week.

But for now, enjoy these colorful taco photos. Don't let your mouth water too much!






No comments:

Post a Comment