Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Gobi Matar

I mentioned in a post a few weeks back that D and I tried an Indian cooking class at Naveen's Cuisine. I gave the class rave reviews, it was great and I can't wait to go back!

Of course, we purchased the spices and tried our own hand at the recipes. The chicken dish turned out okay but I think we need to make our own adjustments to the recipe in order to make it more tasty (our version was a bit bland) before posting here. However, the cauliflower and pea dish was great! I guess I shouldn't give myself such a hard time over the chicken...I had three people come into my office the day I had leftovers and comment on how good my lunch smelled.

Anyways, I'm not going to post the chicken recipe here just yet, I'll save that for a rainy day. But, if you are itching for the recipe just contact me and I'll be glad to forward it to you.

Gobi Matar is easy to make, and could be a meal in and of itself. Recipe is property of Naveen, of course, but I am reproducing here with our own adjustments.

Gobi Matar
1 head cauliflower, cut into small chunks
1.5 cups frozen peas (make sure to use frozen, otherwise they will turn into pea mash!)
2 inch piece of fresh ginger, sliced thin
salt
1 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
4 tbs vegetable oil
parsley

Heat oil in a pan and add cauliflower chunks and ginger. Cover with a lid and cook for about 10 minutes. Once the cauliflower begins to get soft, add spices and peas. Continue cooking for about 15 more minutes, until cauliflower and peas are both to the desired softness. Garnish with parsley and serve with rice, toast, or naan (if you have it).

P.S. Don't forget about my reader contest.  Ends May 1!


No comments:

Post a Comment