Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Italian Easter Desserts

Last Sunday D and I celebrated Easter. Our homemade tortellini referenced in the previous posted-and to be written about shortly-was a success. In March, we made a trip to St. Louis and ventured into the Italian neighborhood-The Hill. There, we were able to find and purchase traditional Italian desserts. Since D told me that it just couldn't be Easter without these desserts-thank goodness we found them!

The first we opened in the morning-a huge hollow chocolate egg with a toy in the center (a keychain in our case) Daniele was far more excited about the keychain than he should have been!


The second-Colomba (Meaning 'dove" because the dessert is supposed to look like a dove) we had after a potluck dinner hosted by my friend Peggy. The potluck was wonderful and included a wide array of breads with spread, duck, cabbage, salad, and dessert monkey bread.

Enjoy our photos of us finding the Italian desserts, eating the Italian desserts, and other photos of our glorious potluck below!

Also, this will be one of my final plugs for the reader contest. Deadline approaching! Four entries and I have heard a fifth one is coming, so get yours in today.








No comments:

Post a Comment