Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Monday, May 23, 2011

The Paramount Room

Last weekend, Daniele and I headed to The Paramount Room with a couple friends of ours per their recommendation. I admit that when I looked at the menu online I was not too impressed. On one hand, with a menu filled with burgers and sandwiches it's hard to go wrong, but then again, it's also hard to stand out. My initial reaction was completely unjustified, as The Paramount Room is a true Chicago gem!

The location is a bit off the beaten path, it's not someplace where you would 'wind up' if you are 'in the neighborhood' so it does take a special trip. But, I highly recommend making one. With "no crap on tap" (per their menu), you can order many wonderful draft beers and the food is equally high quality. I ordered the Reuben sandwich, which was the best Reuben I've had quite possibly my whole life, and I love Reubens so that says a lot. My sandwich was served with season fries with garlic aioli, a nice substitute for ketchup. Daniele ordered a chicken sandwich and Jeff and Lea both ordered a burger-everyone was happy with their choices. Daniele and Lea substituted their fries for fried green beans with a spicy sauce, equally as wonderful as the fries.

The food, beer, and company was fantastic. And I haven't even mentioned the atmosphere. The servers were friendly and welcoming, the decor was sort of a vintage-pub style, and the music playing fit the mood of the restaurant. I highly recommend you go check this place out! I'm happy to go with you for another one of those Reuben sandwiches...

By the way, my apologies in advance, but my blog will probably go on hiatus for most of the next week as I prepare for and run a half-marathon in Boston....




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting about the Paramount Room. I had not heard about it until I read your post. After checking out their website, we ended up going to their beer dinner event last night. I would definitely go back!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete