Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Three Floyds Brewery

Going along with my new "doesn't necessarily have to be a recipe but could cover any culinary topic" I am offering a review of Three Floyds Brewery and Brewpub.

Three Floyds is a small Microbrewery right outside Chicago in Munster, IN. Now, if you live in Chicago you might think to yourself, "why would I ever want to go to Munster, IN?!" The truth is that it is really not that far, just the first exit off the highway as soon as you cross into Indiana...plus the beer is in my opinion, some of the best you can find in the midwest, the food is gourmet, and the service is unbeatable. Three Floyds is one of those places that truly cares about their customers and wants to make them happy. So, seriously, you should go.

Daniele and I took a trip there on the 23rd of April, the day before Easter. We ordered a full three course meal: an appetizer of octopus with grapefruit (it had a special name but I don't remember), a trout dish, a chicken dish, and for dessert we had creme brulee. Everything was wonderful (especially the french fries...I know it sounds silly but those were really great fries!). Now, I cannot promise that when you take your trip to the brewery you will be able to order the same thing we did because the food and beer menu is constantly changing...but what I can promise you is that whatever you have will be wonderful. They really do have a gourmet chef there who creates wonderful dishes at outside-of-chicago prices. This is not your standard pub food, and you will get a great deal. For example, Daniele and I had five beers, an appetizer, two main courses (the most expensive ones on the menu), shared a dessert, AND brought home a case of beer for $100. I honestly can't wait to go back and eat there again. (I have already suggested two times to Daniele that we go!)

Our experience at Three Floyds was great, and not simply because the food and drinks were delish. I had previously arranged with Phil, one of the Three Floyds staff members to serve Daniele's beer in a special pint glass. This beer had engraved in it "Daniele Rosso, will you marry me?/Daniele Rosso, mi vuoi sposare?". After our brewery tour, his glass was delivered without a hitch. I was a bit nervous but he did say yes, and now, we are engaged. I could not have picked a more suitable place for the proposal, everything was fantastic and perfect for our personalities. And don't worry, after I proposed, Daniele did step outside and call my dad for permission.

For those of you who are curious, we will get married the third weekend of June  next year in St. Louis, and will host a reception in Italy sometime in July. More specific plans are pending.

Enjoy the proposal and Three Floyds food photos below. Oh, and vote tonight in the reader contest! Voting ends at 11:59pm.










No comments:

Post a Comment