Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sauteed Kale

My apologies for the lack of entries this week. I was down in Springfield yesterday for a work event and not only did a lot of prep for the activity, but yesterday in itself I put in a 14 hour work day. Obviously, no time was left for blogging!

This entry is simple and not as exciting as some of the others, but don't worry, I have some great recipes coming for the weekend (teaser: best focaccia bread in the world! okay maybe that is an exaggeration, but it was pretty good!)

Daniele and I have just discovered the wonder of greens. It's not that we never knew they were out there, it's that we simply didn't know what to do with them. I got tired of salad a few days ago, kale was on sale, and we purchased some and tried a few things. Since then, I have been purchasing collard greens, turnip greens, mustard greens...giving them all a go.

I have to say that Daniele has prepared my favorite greens 'recipe' so far. Simply saute your kale (or whatever green you decide on) in cooking wine, butter, lemon juice, a pinch of salt, and black pepper and you're good to go. Great addition to any meal. Or, add tomatoes to the mix, serve with a poached egg and a piece of toast and make it your meal!

Okay, so I can't find a photo but we all know what cooked greens look like. Don't worry, more exciting stuff is on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment