Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Quinoa with Spinach, Mushrooms, Asparagus and Pine Nuts

These days, I hear everyone talking about quinoa and its healthfulness. Wikipedia tends to agree, and on top of that, its gluten free in case you have any friends on a gluten free diet that you are trying to entertain. I had never cooked quinoa, and wanted to make an attempt...And for us, this was another relatively easy non-pasta recipe to try.

In order to make this recipe we simply took a few veggies we had around the house and sauteed them in olive oil. We added paprika, salt, and pepper. Meanwhile, we cooked the quinoa (about 2/3 cup per person) per the instructions on the package. After cooking, the veggies and cooked quinoa were mixed together, and pine nuts sprinked on top.

I still have some leftover quinoa, and will most likely make some to toss in salads or maybe even to try some sort of coconut curry recipe with tofu and quinoa...oh the possibilities. 

Simple, yet delightful.

And now, the photos...

No comments:

Post a Comment