Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Broccoli and Anchovy Pasta

I admit that broccoli is not my all time favorite vegetable. Yet, it seems that I buy broccoli often, and seek for new ways to use it.

Apparently, Italians sometimes make pasta sauce with broccoli in it. This is one of Daniele's traditional recipes---simple, easy, and to the point.

Broccoli and Anchovy Pasta
Broccoli
3-5 anchovies
small onion
olive oil
salt
red pepper flakes
garlic clove
cooking wine

To get started making your sauce, boil the broccoli for about five minutes in order to soften. Remove the broccoli from the water and cut into small pieces. You can re-use the same water in which you cooked the broccoli to cook the pasta.

In a separate pan, heat up some olive oil and a garlic clove. Cut up the onion and saute for approximately five minutes. Add 3-5 anchovies and small pieces of broccoli, along with a bit of cooking wine. Add salt and red pepper flakes to taste and cook for 10 more minutes. If you want to try a variation to this recipe, you could also add fresh tomatoes to the sauce. We did use a portion of a tomato in the recipe below, and, in fact, we did not use an onion because the last one had gone bad.

I don't think I need to explain to you how to cook the pasta, however, again I suggest using the same water that you cooked the broccoli in.

No comments:

Post a Comment