Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sauteed Zuchinni

Alright let's face it. Everyone who has ever spent any time in a kitchen can probably figure out how to saute zucchini on their own. However, I keep this blog more for photographic purposes, to have a subject to take photos of and to attempt new photographic techniques, play with lighting, background, shutter speed, etc....maybe eventually I should have a moving target to practice on. Or, I can just suggest that D throw some food around the kitchen to keep with the food theme and still allow for some motion shots.  

Anyways, although it may be a bit overplayed, today's entry is about sauteed zucchini. This is not a recipe that D and I would cook regularly, but apparently what I've learned this week is that we need to communicate more about the groceries we are purchasing. You may have seen one of our blogs earlier this week, Strata, which also included zucchini. The reason is that D and I both went to the grocery separately and apparently, were both equally excited about the sale price of zucchini....

There is one more zucchini recipe to come, and then...I will just be glad not to have to look at another zucchini for awhile! To saute, we used a bit of olive oil, and for spices: paprika, salt, and black pepper. I think you can mostly  figure out how to make this one on your own, but, by all means, enjoy the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment