Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Republic Day

On June 2nd, Italy celebrates the anniversary of becoming a Republic (as opposed to a monarchy). Since I have an Italian boyfriend, this means that I also celebrate this holiday. It's kind of like having two independence days, one on June 2 and one on July 4...

Anyways, somehow on this day we were invited by the Italian Consulate to attend an Italian National Day celebration at Navy Pier. This meant free food, free alcohol, and free dessert. How could we possibly say no?

Although we did botch things up by not greeting the Consul in the appropriate manner (we didn't know who he was, I guess we should have looked at a photo, oops) we did enjoy the plentiful free food offerings!

So, although I did not cook these items myself, I present to you the lovely array of Italian dishes we were served for Republic Day, 2010.

I don't even want to think of the number of calories that entered our bodies over the course of this delightful meal....

No comments:

Post a Comment