Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Birthday

July 27th I celebrated my 27th birthday. What better way to celebrate than with great food?

The evening of my birthday D and I celebrated with all-you-can-eat sushi:


And last weekend I visited with my family in Columbus, Ohio and my brother baked a white chocolate/dark chocolate cheesecake with black raspberry preserves:


Both were incredibly tasty. I've got some great entries coming up....last week I made some zucchini parmesian, and today I plan on trying my hand at baking my own bread (assuming I am able to find a loaf pan). Tomorrow D returns from Japan and I will make some chicken enchiladas for his welcome home dinner. So, don't worry, I will keep everyone updated as to the tastiness that is taking place in my apartment walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment