Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Goat Cheese and Summer Squash Pizza

Admittedly, I did not invent this recipe myself. In fact, I did not even modify this recipe enough to truly call it mine. I stole it from Smitten Kitchen, another foodie photo blog that I adore. The writer does the same thing I do, but much better than I do and at a much more professional status. Hopefully she does not mind that I am re-posting here with my own photos.

In order to celebrate the night before D left for Italy, we cooked two of her fancy recipes. Dinner and dessert! This recipe will feature the goat cheese and summer squash pizza and later this week you will see what kind of dessert we fixed. We paired both with a white wine.

For the crust, mix 1.5 cups flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 tablespoon active-dry yeast. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 cup warm water, mix into a dough. Knead, cover, and let rise for about 2 hours before rolling it out as a dough.

After the dough has risen, roll it out into a thin pizza crust. Mix together 4 oz of goat cheese with juice from 1/2 of a lemon, add salt and pepper, and spread over pizza crust. Slice zucchini and summer squash and top the pizza. We also added sun dried tomatoes to the pizza. Finally, top the pizza with the rest of the juice from the lemon and some extra salt/pepper/olive oil. Cook at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
 


There will actually be more smitten kitchen recipes to come this week and next, as I have been slightly modifying them and testing the waters to see if I can perfect any new non-Italian recipes. (Ok, so this is pizza...but at least the style is different!)

No comments:

Post a Comment