Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Zucchini Parmesan

While D was in Japan, I continued our cooking tradition and even experimented with a few new things while he was gone. Zucchini Parmesan was one of the new dishes I tried, and it was wonderful. I re-purchased the ingredients to cook again and serve to Daniele after he gets home (which is tomorrow!)

Zucchini Parmesian
1 large zucchini
1 large ball of mozzerella cheese
mushrooms
1 medium sized tomato
tomato puree
spinach
salt
pepper
onion
garlic clove
olive oil
white cooking wine

To prepare, chop the onions and garlic clove. Heat oil in a pan, and when hot, add the onions and garlic clove. Cook for about 10 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the other vegetables. Chop the tomato, mushrooms, and spinach. (These items are not necessary for this recipe, but were a nice addition. I had them around the house, so I used them). Also slice the zucchini into horizontal strips.

After the onion and garlic has cooked for about 10 minutes, add the zucchini to the pan. Cook for 5-10 more minutes before adding the tomato, mushroom, and spinach. Also add salt and pepper to taste, and a touch of white cooking wine. The mixture will need to cook about 5 more minutes, and while it finishes up, you can chop the mozzerella into cubes.

In a pyrex, or oven-safe) dish, place the spinach, tomato, mushroom, onion and garlic mixture in a thin layer. Then, lay the zucchini on top. Pour tomato puree on top of the mixture generously, and finally, sprinkle the fresh mozzerella cheese. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

This is a simple, easy dish that I think anyone would enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment