Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sun-dried tomato, Olive, and Cheese Bread

For the first time last week I decided to try my hand at bread baking. And, if baking it myself, why not mix a few ingredients together that I love and put them in a bread? That's exactly what I did and it turned out fantastic.

Warning: This will be messy and messy recipes are hard to take photos of (especially when you are making them by yourself!). However, this recipe was great and you can expect a few more bread recipes in the upcoming months as I plan to try a few new types. I already have a request in for raisin pumpernickel.

Sun-dried tomato, Olive, and Cheese Bread
1/4 oz pkg dry yeast
1 cup warm water
4 cups bread flour
1 small can black olives
1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
handful shredded cheese
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon salt
3/4 cup sour cream

Place the yeast in the hot water and set aside. Combine flour, garlic powder, salt, sour cream, and most of the olives and sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl.  Stir in the yeast mixture, and mix with your hands to make a consistent dough. Add the cheese and remaining sun-dried tomatoes and olives, and make sure the dough is well mixed and soft.

Place in a greased bowl and let it rise for 1.5 hours, turning once. Punch down, in a loaf pan, and let the bread rise again for about another hour. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

 (It was at this point that I really wish I had taken another photo. After the 1 hour rising time in the loaf pan, I came back to find the bread so huge it was practically exploding! Hilarious! Unfortunately, no photo, and I saved the bread)

No comments:

Post a Comment