Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Red Pepper Soup

I am not a huge fan of bell peppers, and yet, every now and then I enjoy a recipe that includes them as the main ingredient. This soup was no exception, and is perfect for the summer months as it tastes great cold.

Red Pepper Soup
6 red bell peppers
salt
pepper
olive oil
1 medium sized onion
red pepper flakes
2 garlic cloves
thyme
1 cup chicken broth

Slice the onion into small pieces, and cook in a large pan with olive oil (about 3 tbs) and 2 garlic cloves. While the onion is cooking, cut the bell peppers into one inch cubes. After about 10 minutes add the bell peppers to the pan with the onions. Add salt and pepper to taste, 1 teaspoon thyme, and 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Add the chicken broth and cook for 30 minutes until the peppers are soft. Use a blender to mix the soup into one consistency. Eat either hot or cold---I prefer cold for summer. For cold soup, put in the fridge for a few hours before serving. Serve with a bit of parmesan, american cheese, or sour cream on top.


I will be traveling in Italy for the next 10 days, and probably not doing too much cooking. However, I will update with some of the wonderful items that D's mother makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment