Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Acorn Squash

In honor of the Thanksgiving holiday, here are some photos of one traditional Thanksgiving side-dish: acorn squash. Easy as pie (admittedly this expression is not very good as making pie is actually exceptionally difficult, but you know what I mean): simply cut the acorn squash in half, season with butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, salt, and pepper and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about an hour, or until soft. Enough for two people.

We're headed home for Thanksgiving and my mom will be doing the cooking, but as always, I have some backlog (and some good recipes backlogged as well: cauliflower cake and pork thai peanut stew if either of those get you excited), so I will still update from there. Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment