Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thai Style Peanut Pork Stew

Per recommendation from my dear friend Emily, I tested this recipe out. I was a bit hesitant because of the strange combination of peanut butter and teriyaki sauce, but this recipe is a delicacy. The flavor is strong, but the flavor will leave you wanting more for the next few days!

Thai Syle Peanut Pork Stew
  • Pork roast, cut into 3-4 pieces
  • 2 cups cut red bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 5 cups cooked rice
  • chopped green onions
  • peanuts
  • 2 limes cut into wedges
Place pork, bell pepper, garlic, teriyaki sauce, white vinegar, and crushed red pepper in a crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours. Remove the pork from slow cooker and chop into small pieces. Stir peanut butter into the liquid in the slow cooker and stir. Cook rice and serve 3/4 cup rice with 3/4 cup stew. Top with a spoonful of green onions, a spoonful of peanuts, and 1/2 lime wedges.





No comments:

Post a Comment