Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pumpkin Soup

To be true to the season, I tried my hand at a variety of pumpkin recipes. I admit that I haven't perfected them. Yet, its a start-I don't usually cook anything pumpkin.

Pumpkin Soup
  • 3cups chicken stock
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups pumpkin puree
  • chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon thyme
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
  • black pepper 
 
Heat stock, salt, pumpkin, onion, thyme, garlic, and a pinch of black pepper in a large pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes uncovered. Puree the soup in a blender. Return to pan, and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for another 15 minutes, uncovered. Stir in heavy cream. Pour into soup bowls and garnish with fresh parsley. 

Soup served with baked sweet potato with butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar.



No comments:

Post a Comment