Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pumpkin Muffins

Adapted from a recipe I found online and perfect for the season.

Pumpkin Muffins
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup whole-grain flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons unsulphered molasses
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
  • 2 teaspoons brandy
  • 1/3 cup skim milk
  • 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamin, ginger, and nutmeg. In a seperate bowl, mix together the brown sugar, molasses, oil, eggs, pumpkin, and brandy. Then mix the wet and dry mixtures together; add skim milk and whipping cream.


Pour the batter into a muffin pan (use liners, or grease the pan). This recipe will make 12 muffins. Cook for approximately 30 minutes.

I guess I should add that while we did enjoy this pumpkin muffin recipe, it wasn't my favorite. I think this is because originally I was going to make pumpkin pancakes but then I realized that actually, I did not have time and also, neither D or I like pancakes so I ended up just throwing some stuff together. The taste was good, don't get me wrong, it just could have been better. So before making this recipe yourself, maybe ask around for a few other recommendations. Do you have a favorite pumpkin bread or muffin recipe? If so, comment below!




2 comments:

  1. Oh man! My mom made pumpkin muffins when I was a kid, and they were great. I made a batch a week or two ago actually :)

    They are chocolatey though, a different take from what you have here. http://www.baseballgraphs.com/recipes/pumpchocmuff.html

    ReplyDelete