Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Boston Food

Last weekend I was in Boston to run a half marathon with a good friend of mine.

We had the opportunity to take more or less of a culinary tour of the city. I did not snap photos of everything, but we did have many of the great dishes that Boston is known for. Primarily: seafood. The last morning I was there, I had a great brunch of crab-cakes served with poached eggs. Amazing. I was also able to sample some clam chowder-much better than the clam chowder you can get here in Chicago! (from the can) (chowder featured in photo below). Post-race, my taste buds sampled a "natural disaster burger" which is not photographed but could easily be replicated for your enjoyment. This was a turkey burger served with swiss cheese, avocado, chutney, and chipotle sauce. Awesome.

Besides the chowder previously mentioned, also featured below is my pre-half marathon meal. I was told this meal was brave as many racers will not eat something unusual before a race. However, I run these races for fun and not to run so...for me it didn't matter.

Pre-race we had a wonderful octopus sampler and for my main course I had a ravioli with apple, Gorgonzola sauce, and figs. Very rich and fantastic...Joe (not running the race) sampled the lobster, also photographed. It was his very first lobster and from what I could tell, it was incredibly tasty.


I can't wait to go back. First of all, because Boston is a great city...and second of all because the food is wonderful and the seafood is fresh...something definitely lacking here in Chi-town.

Check my running tab for updates on this half-marathon race and my training.




No comments:

Post a Comment