Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Friday, June 24, 2011

Spicy Beef and Potato Curry

Whenever Daniele returns from a trip out of town, I find myself inspired to cook him something new and exciting for dinner. Before D came home from Notre Dame, I browsed some recipes on Whole Foods website and came across some great options. I never knew that Whole Foods had so many fantastic (and not too difficult) recipes available!

I decided on Spicy Beef and Potato Curry. I've had a busy week, so I am not going to type out the recipe here but you can follow the link and take a look (and also browse other recipes). We made the recipe exactly as written here, except we did not use a Cinnamon stick and we used just your plain, run of the meal canola oil. We also added a carrot. One tip I can offer when making this recipe is that the potatoes take longer to cook than written here in the Whole Foods version; therefore, I recommend adding the potatoes sooner.

This recipe lends itself to some interesting substitutions. For example, I think making the same recipe with firm tofu would also be fantastic, and you can serve your vegetarian (or vegan) friends. I also think you could easily turn this into a crockpot recipe...and you know how much I love my slow cooker!

We served this over rice. It was fantastic, and something new and different for us to try. We do not cook Indian or Thai food very often, but I'd like to move in that direction!





No comments:

Post a Comment