Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Eggplant Parmesan

And now for a recipe featuring item #3 that Daniele does not care for (but I am not afraid to eat when he is gone): eggplant. I made this recipe on a 100 degree day and yes, it does involve both frying and baking. It was a crazy idea...and yet, I survived and it was worth it. There's just nothing quite like a delicious, fried, cheesy eggplant...yum.


Eggplant Parmesan
  • 1 large eggplant, sliced into strips
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 lb sliced mozzarella cheese
  • 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Prepare by slicing your eggplant and beating two eggs in a small bowl. Pour bread crumbs on a small plate. Dip each eggplant slice into the egg and then roll in the breadcrumb mixture.

After you are finished coating the eggplant, heat up your canola oil and fry the eggplant for about 3-5 minutes on each side until golden. Drain on paper towel.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange a layer of eggplant slices on the bottom of a baking dish which has been sprayed with a nonstick spray. Place a layer of sauce, parmesan cheese, and mozerella on top of the eggplant. Continue the layering until your ingredients are finished. When the oven is preheated, bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve warm.

With one large eggplant, I was able to make enough eggplant parmesan for three meals. Therefore, I had leftovers to pack for lunch. I suggest you try this one, but maybe not on a day that is 100 degrees (especially if your apartment has no AC).








No comments:

Post a Comment