Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Ginger Mango Chutney

Last fall, I made an apple chutney with great success. Actually, that entry remains second on my 'most viewed' posts. So I decided I would try my hand at another type of chutney. This time, something that screams summer: ginger mango.

We served this chutney with pork ribs cooked for 8 hours on low in the slow cooker. I also placed 1/2 cup chicken broth and spices with the ribs to give them some flavor. As a side dish, we prepared mashed potatoes so the broth 'gravy' that was created while cooking the ribs was used on top of the potatoes.

There seem to be some formatting issues with this post...gah! Will fix later...

Ginger Mango Chutney


  • 2 cups chopped mango



  • 2/3 cup sugar



  • 1/4 cup dried cranberries



  • 1/4 cup finely chopped ginger



  • 1/2 cup white wine vinegar 



  • 1/4 teaspoon salt



  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon



  • 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice




  • Combine all ingredients in a small pan over the stove. Bring to a boil and then let the mixture simmer for about an hour for the flavors to combine. Add water as needed if the chutney starts to dry out during the cooking process; I probably added 1/4 cup water while cooking.

    Serve with your favorite meat and enjoy!







    No comments:

    Post a Comment